Makes 9.5 Litres. Great tasting cholesterol-free milk and soy alternative. Available in Plain and Chocolate flavoured. Half the calories of whole cows milk and even less than trim milk. Added vitamins and minerals. NO calcium caseinate.
AlfaLite Chocolate 700g
AlfaLite Chocolate 700g
No one food provides total nutrition. However AlfaLite, as part of a balanced diet, provides an additional source of vitamins and minerals. AlfaLite is unique. It comes in a powder form which will last for several years in an airtight container and is simply reconstituted with water. When made up and stored in the refrigerator in a sterile container, it will keep at least 10 days.
AlfaLite has been developed to provide a low cholesterol food and alternative for those intolerant to dairy products, especially milk. The high animal fat content of cows milk has been replaced by cholesterol-free vegetable oil with approximately 1/3 the fat content of whole cows milk.
AlfaLite has all the calcium caseinate removed from it which is a distinct advantage to many allergy sufferers. The carbohydrate in AlfaLite is composed of beneficial slow-release complex carbohydrates — maltodextrins. The lactose content is 50% less than cows milk. One litre of AlfaLite provides 100% of the recommended daily allowance of calcium. The calorie content of AlfaLite is 47% less than regular cows milk and 25% less than Trim milk. There isn’t one food that will provide total nutrition. However, AlfaLite as part of a balanced diet provides a milk that tastes great and is an additional source of vitamins and nutrition. It is easy to make up and can be used in your cooking & baking, just as you would with cow’s milk.
- Tastes just like milk.
- High in nutrition — contains an added vitamin & mineral package.
- NO calcium caseinates (casein proteins)
- Meets the National Heart Foundation nutritional guidelines.
- 85% of people with a milk intolerance REMAIN SYMPTOM FREE when changing to AlfaLite.
- Remains fresh – up to 7-10 days when refrigerated in a sterile container & pure water.
- Numerous health problems are helped by eliminating milk and changing to AlfaLite.
- Virtually cholesterol free.
- Low in allergens and mucins.
- Low in fat (and no animal fat — only healthy vegetable oil).
- 50% less lactose than trim milk.
- Low in calories — only 74kcals per 200ml serving.
- So convenient and versatile. Great on the boat or when camping.
- No waste — make up only what you require, when you require it.
- No artificial flavours, colours or preservatives.
- No added sugar.
- DELICIOUSLY GOOD FOR YOU!
- Contains an additional vitamin & mineral package.
(Recommended Retail – actual prices may vary in stores)
All prices are in $NZ and include GST
|AlfaLite Nutritional Table (per 100g)|
|Description||AlfaLite||Whole Milk||Trim Milk|
|Energy||152.7KJ||560 KJ||340 KJ|
AlfaLite Ingredient Listing
If you require more information on any underlined ingredient, just click on it. NOTE: This relies on a pop-up window being able to appear.
Whey powder, maltodextrins, vegetable fat, sodium caseinate, dextrose, mineral salts (sodium, potassium & calcium phosphates), vegetable gums (guar gum, carrageenan), emulsifiers (mono and diglycerides of fatty acids, lecithin), vitamins and minerals.
NOTE: If you have been told to avoid dairy products you may look at the whey and exclude Alfalite from your options however in our experience for most people ‘dairy’ does not equal ‘whey’.
How to make
TO PREPARE 1 LITRE OF ALFALITE
Add 83g (approx. 2/3 cup) of Alfalite to approx. 300mls of cold water. More or less powder may be used if desired.
Shake in a lidded container or use a beater or blender.
Add water to make up 1 litre, shake or blend to mix thoroughly. Refrigerate.
Alfalite tastes better if chilled for at least 4 hours (preferably overnight).
Reseal your powder container after use.
Alfalite powder can be used directly in tea, coffee or cooking.