This dessert is so simple to make. It has a bit of a crust at the bottom, a creamy custard in the middle and a crunchy sweet coconut top.
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 125g butter, melted
- 2 cups AlfaLite Plain
- 75g plain flour
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp grated lemon rind
- Flaked toasted coconut to serve
- Whipped Kreem to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (160ºC for fan forced oven).
- Beat the eggs and sugar in a medium bowl until pale and fluffy. Add vanilla, butter and AlfaLite, beat until combined.
- Stir in the flour, coconut and lemon rind.
- Pour the mixture into a greased, six cup oven proof dish.
- Bake for about 35 minutes, or until the top is golden and puffed.
- Sprinkle with flaked coconut and serve with whipped Kreem