Cashew Nut Soup
- 2 Tbs (30 ml) butter
- 3 Tbs (45 ml) finely chopped celery
- 3 Tbs (45 ml) finely chopped onion
- 3 Tbs (45 ml) all-purpose flour
- 4 cups (1 L) chicken stock
- 1/3 cup AlfaLIte Plain
- 1½ cups (375 ml) finely chopped salted cashews
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Paprika to garnish
- Heat the butter in a saucepan over moderate heat and sauté the celery and onion until tender but not brown, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 3 minutes.
- Mix the AlfaLite powder with the chicken stock, and add to the pan.
- Add chopped cashews and bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper and serve garnished with a sprinkle of paprika.